Assistant Professor & Researcher
I am Javier Monroy, assistant professor and researcher associated with the Machine Perception and Intelligent Robotics group (MAPIR), department of Systems Engineering and Automation (ISA), at the University of Málaga (Spain).
E-mail: jgmonory [at] uma.es
Phone: +34 952 13 2747
Office: Lab 2.3.7.i ETSI Informática
I received the B.Sc in “Ingeniería de Telecomunicaciones” (Electrical Engineering) from the University of Málaga in 2007, and in 2009 I joined the MAPIR research group as a Ph.D student to investigate the integration between artificial olfaction and mobile robotics. In 2010 I received the M.Sc in Mechatronics, and in November 2013 I defended my thesis “Advances in Gas Sensing and Mapping for Mobile Robotics”. Since November 2021 I work as an assistant professor, teaching a wide variety of lectures related to robotics.
- 2021-2024 – ARPEGGIO: Advanced Robotic Perception for Mapping and Localization (PID2020-117057GB-I00). Funded by the Spanish Ministry of Science and Innovation. Ongoing
- 2021-2023 – HOUNDBOT: Gas Concentration Mapping and Gas Source Localization by a Mobile Robot (P20_01302). Funded by Andalusian Regional Government. Ongoing
- 2018-2020 – WISER: Building and Exploiting Semantic Maps by Mobile Robots (DPI2017-84827-R). Funded by the Spanish Ministry of Economic Affairs and Digital Transformation.
- 2017-2020 – MoveCare: Multiple-actOrs Virtual Empathic CARgiver for the Elder (H2020-732158). Funded by EU call H2020-ICT.
- 2017-2018 – SiMoDiM: Monitoring and Diagnosis for the digital transformation of predictive and corrective maintenance of industrial machinery in the hot rolling process (OTRI-8.06/5.56.4826). Funded by Acerinox Europa S.A.U.
- 2014-2019 – IRO: Improvement of the Sensory and Autonomous Capacity of Robots through Olfaction (2012-TEP-530). Funded by Andalusian Regional Government.
- 2015-2017 – PROMOVE: Advances in Mobile Robotics for Promoting Independent Life of Elders (DPI2014-55826-R). Funded by the Spanish Ministry of Economic Affairs and Digital Transformation.
- 2015-2017 – ARGOS: Robotic Gas Localization System for the FOXIRIS Team within the ARGOS Challenge (OTRI-8.06/5.56.4421). Funded by GMV Aerospace and Defence S.A.U.
- 2012-2015 – TAROTH: New Developments Toward a Robot at Home (DPI2011-25483). Funded by the Interministerial Commission for Science and Technology, Spanish call.
- 2012-2014 – GIRAFF+: Combining Social Interaction and Long Term Monitoring for Promoting Independent Living (FP7-288173). Funded by 7th EU Research Framework Program.
- 2010-2013 – ExCite: Enabling SoCial Interaction Through Embodiment (PS09/02678). Funded by Ambient Assisted Living EU Program.
- 2009-2014 – Development of a Mobile Robot with Olfactory Capacity (P08-TEP-4016). Funded by Andalusian Regional Government.
- Ongoing – Jose Luis Matez (co-supervised by Javier Gonzalez Jimenez)
- Ongoing – Pepe Ojeda (co-supervised by Javier Gonzalez Jimenez)
- 2021 – Andres Gongora (co-supervised by Javier Gonzalez Jimenez)
Here you can find a list of my publications with pdf author’s version, BibTeX references, and DOI links: