The main objective of this project is to improve the management and maintenance of green areas in our country, which is increasingly facing serious problems due to climate change, such as drought and the increase of pests and diseases, through the implementation of advanced sensorisation, communication, and artificial intelligence technologies. This integrated system will enable real-time monitoring and control of agricultural areas and urban spaces, such as parks and gardens, optimizing the use of resources and ensuring more sustainable and efficient management.
The main objectives of this project are:
- Install sensors in green areas to collect information on environmental variables.
- Integrate the system with irrigation heads to optimize water consumption and the use of phytosanitary products.
- Reduce energy consumption due to pumping and application of phytosanitary products.
- Develop artificial intelligence models for the management of agricultural areas and parks/gardens.
- Extrapolation of irrigation areas using satellite images.
- Implement cameras for image analysis and early pest detection.
- Investigate the possibility of using UAVs for plant monitoring and actions.
FUNDED BY: Ministry of Industry, Trade and Tourism
PERIOD: May 2023 – May 2024
PRINCIPAL RESEARCHER: Javier González-Jiménez
INSTITUTION: University of Málaga
The following organizations are involved in this project: