I was born in Cabra, a beautiful small town of the province of Córdoba (Spain). I received the M.S. and Ph.D. degrees in Computer Science from the University of Málaga, Spain, in 2001 and 2008, respectively. I joined the Dept. of System Engineering and Automation (University of Malaga) as pre-doctoral researcher in 2003 (granted by the Spanish Government), getting the positions of Assistant Professor in 2009, and Associate Professor in 2011. My research mainly focusses on mobile robotic, computer vision and remote sensing, being author of more than 40 journal and conference papers.
- Mobile Robots.
- Computer Vision.
- Remote sensing.
- Complete list of publications (at our server).
- My profile at Scholar Google.
- My profile at ResearchGate.
Projects & Contracts
- PROMOVE: Advances in mobile robotics for promoting independent life of elders (Jan’15 – Dec’17). Funded by Spanish National Research Program.
- IRO: Improvement of the sensorial and autonomous capability of Robots through Olfaction (2014-2018). Funded by Andalucia Regional Research Program.
- Taroth: New developments toward a robot at home (2012-2015). Funded by Spanish National Research Program.
- Giraff+: Combing social interaction and long term monitoring for promoting independent living (2012-2014). Funded by EU-FP7-STREP-ICT.
- ExCite: Enabling SoCial Interaction Through Embodiment (2010-2013). Funded by EU AAL Program.
- Developement of a mobile robot with smelling capability (2009-2012). Funded by Andalucia Regional Research Program.
- Roadbot: A vehicle for accurate 3D road reconstruction with a laser scanner (2008-2012). Funded by a private company.